Official Profile – Orthopaedic Surgeon
Before Dr. Kevin Yip Man Hing became an orthopaedic surgeon in Singapore, he obtained his medical degree from St. Thomas’ Hospital London, England. He completed his post-graduate training in London, obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1990, and worked in several hospital units in England before moving to Hong Kong.
Dr. Kevin Yip became an Associate Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong Prince of Wales Hospital and participated in extensive research in various fields especially the knee and shoulder. After leaving Hong Kong in 1998, he joined Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore as an Orthopaedic Surgeon. Apart from general orthopaedics, his main areas of expertise are back pain, neck pain, knee surgery and shoulder surgery.
Dr. Yip is also a founding member of Asian Association for Dynamic Osteosynthesis, a honorary faculty member of The Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Musculoskeletal Bioengineering and Rehabilitation Technology & The Hong Kong Medical Association. As of now, he has published close to 100 research articles.
MBBS (UK), FRCS (Edinburgh), FAM (Singapore), FHKCOS (Orthopaedics)
- Fellow Of The Hong Kong College Of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Founding Fellow Of The Hong Kong Academy Of Medicine (02163)
- Fellow Of The Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Of The Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
- Founding Member Of Asian Association For Dynamic Osteosynthesis
- Honorary Faculty Member of the Interdisciplinary Centre For Musculoskeletal Bioengineering and Rehabilitation Technology
- Member Of Hong Kong Society For Surgery Of The Hand
- General Medical Council (3118719)
- Hong Kong Medical Council (8526)
- The Medical Protection Society (HK5182)
- Hong Kong Public Doctors Association
- University Medical Doctors Association
- Prince Of Wales Hospital Doctors Association
- Hong Kong Medical Association
- Shatin International Union Hospital (Admission Right No C025)
- Admission Right to most private Hospitals in Singapore
- General Medical Council, U.K. Full Reg. No.-3118719
- Hong Kong Medical Council. Full Reg. No.-8526
- Singapore Medical Council, Cond. Reg. No.-08240F
- Medical Protection Society Reg. No. 2899
- Professor Y D Gu, May 1993
Chairman Of The Hand Department, Hua Shan Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China
- Prof F Fu, 1996
University of Pittsburgh, Center For Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, PA, USA
- Prof. P. Renstrom,1996
University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
- Dr. S.Snyder, Dr. J. Fox, 1996
Southern California Orthopaedic Institute, LA, CA, USA
- Prof. C. Rockwood, 1997
University Hospital, University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Chronology of Appointments
- Feb 86 – Aug 86: The Medical And Endocrinology Unit, Lister Hospital, Stevenage. (Dr. L.J. Borthwick, MRCP)
- Aug 86 – Feb 87: General Surgical And Vascular Unit, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup, Kent. (Mr. P.E.A. Savage, MS FRCS)
- Feb 87 – Aug 87: Casualty Officer In Accident And Emergency Department, Charing Cross Hospital, London. (Mr. H.T. Millington, FRCS)
- Feb 88 – Aug 88: King’s College Hospital Medical School (Professor David Sloame)
- Aug 88 – Feb 89: Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Mayday Hospital, Croydon. (Mr. R.J. Shedden, MD FRCS)
- Mar 89 – Sept 89: Soft Tissue Tumour Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, South Kensington, London. (Professor G. Westbury, Mr. H.D. Sinnett, Mr. Harvey White)
- Oct 89 – Mar 90: General Surgical And Vascular Unit, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup, Kent. (Mr. P.E.A. Savage, MS FRCS)
- Mar 90 – Sept 90: Department Of General Surgery, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup, Kent. (Mr. J.P. Wilson, FRCS)
- Jan 91 – April 91: Registrar, Department Of Surgery, Joyce Green Hospital, Dartford.
- April 91 – Oct 91: Registrar In Orthopaedic Surgery, The Brook Hospital and Greenwich District Hospital, Greenwich, London. (Mr. W.A. Scott)
- October 1991: Lecturer, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Prince Of Wales Hospital, Chinese university Of Hong Kong.
- December 1993: Honorary Senior Medical Officer, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Prince Of Wales Hospital, Chinese University Of Hong Kong.
- January, 1996: Assistant Professor, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Prince Of Wales Hospital, CUHK.
- January, 1997: Associate Professor, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Prince Of Wales Hospital, Chinese University Of Hong Kong.
- Sept 1998: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Raffles Hospital.
- Aug 2001: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
- Use Of Cadaveric Allograft For Limb Salvage In Bone Tumours
Kumta, S.M., Yip, K.M.H., Leung, K.S., Leung, P.C.
Book Chapter In “Limb Salvage: Current Trends.” P175
- Management Of Patients With Multiple Lacerations Due “Multiple Chops” In Hong Kong.
Yip, T.Y. Tam, YL Lee, L. K. Hung
Book Chapter in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Current Trends Page 313 to 317
- The Use Of Vascularised Bone Graft For Reconstruction In The Management Of Giant Cell Tumours.
K M H Yip, P C Leung, S M Kumta.
Book Chapter in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Current Trends Page 117 to 120
- Pelvic Osteosarcoma With Metastasis To The Donor Bone Graft Site – A Rare And Fatal Donor Site Morbidity
KMH Yip, J Lin, SM Kumta, LTC Chow
Book Chapter in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Current Trends Page 121 to 123
- Pelvic Reconstruction After Excision Of Pelvic Tumours
Yip, K.M.H, J. Lin, S.M. Kumta, PC Leung
Book Chapter in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Current Trends Page 101 to 106
- Acute Ankle Sprains and Fractures. The Use Of Ankle Arthroscopy For Diagnostic Evaluation And Treatment?
C. Rolf. K.M.H. Yip, K.M. Chan
Book Chapter in Controversies In Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Dr. Kevin Yip on Minimising The Risk of Osteoporosis
- Channel News Asia Interview with Dr Kevin Yip
- Dr Kevin Yip was invited to Blog TV program (Channel News Asia)
- Dr Kevin Yip Featured In Surabaya NewsPaper Article
- High Heels Affective Foot – Dr Kevin Yip Featured In “Wan Bao” Newspaper Article
- The wonder kids I
- Prodigy boy, 9, scores A* for two O-level maths papers
- Singapore Oldest Marathon Runner at New Balance Real Run 2011